Seaham School

Since 1844 there has been a school in Seaham. A brick school residence opened in 1885 on the site of the present school. It replaced the prefabricated corrugated iron building constructed closer to the river in1852. The school and residence were destroyed by the 1939 bushfires and students were taught in the School of Arts until a replacement building was brought onto the site from Greswick School (East Seaham) which had recently closed. A new teachers residence was built in 1955. In January 1968 a new brick school building was completed.

More to come